Monday, March 19, 2007

Today is the day!!



Ella decided that today is the day to start walking. She has taken 1 or 2 steps before, but today when she woke up she just started walking across the room. Yeah Ella!!

Ella learning to walk has highlighted the differences between her and Drew even more. I know they are theoretically no different than any brother/sister in genetic terms, but because they are twins I guess I expect more similarities. Drew took months to walk and each stage was clearly defined. First he walked holding our hands, then just one hand, then walking back and forth between 2 people, etc. Ella never liked walking holding our hands and she didn't like trying to go between Mike and I. She literally learned to walk on her own, as if she was practicing secretly in her crib at night. My little independent woman!

No comments: