Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Summer 2012

Fresh from our first full day at the beach, we pulled into one of our favorite ice cream joints to cool off. I watched this man emerge from the ice cream store and hand his wife her frappe through the car window.  I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I jumped out with my camera and asked to take his picture.

"Why do you want to take my picture?"

"Because you look like the picture of Summer and you just made my day"

A few minutes later my brood and I were gathered on the front porch chattering about our day splashing in the waves and finding jelly fish. My new friend in the seersucker jacket returned with a fresh loaf of bread from the neighboring bakery.

"A gift for you" he said.

"Why are you giving me a gift?!"

"Because you and your children just made my day."

...and thus our Summer began.

4 comments:

kdk said...

So cute! Far Fars?

Monkey Business said...

You know it Katie!! It was just too perfect, down to his Strawberry Cheesecake cone - my fav:)

Shauna said...

I love everything about this post!

Kay Hall said...

It brought tears to my eyes, a lump in my throat and a big smile on my face! I had Duncan and Dane and 2 friends here today - bring on Summer.