Thursday, August 9, 2007

Strangers

Ella and Drew have been weary of strangers since birth. When I say strangers I am referring to anyone other than Mike or I who comes within 2 feet or speaks directly to them- never mind people who try to touch them!! But I think the tide has turned. It started with a new attitude toward family members that has made gatherings 10 times easier. Now we see this new easy going style applying to all sorts of people. Ella plays peek-a-boo at the park with random parents and she harasses people sitting anywhere near us at a restaurant. Drew likes to charm older women who stop us on the street to gawk at "twins, oh my god!!" Their friendliness has hit an all time high as we have had several "workers" in our home over the past 2 weeks. Not only do they not cry, but they follow on the heels of the men observing projects, tools, and repeatedly saying "hi!" Just this morning as I was pointing out the leak in our ceiling Ella stood next to me and pointed up, gibber jabbering away. At one point she kept getting louder and louder, as if to say "I've got this one, Mom." Drew just continued to offer his pretzel to the man until I finally took it.

No comments: