Monday, September 27, 2010

Going Back


"Mommy where did the BIG ducky go?"

We spent the afternoon in Hoboken last week. It was the kind of day that reminded me of how much I loved living in Hoboken. When the weather was so good, the company so great, that I forgot to go home. Mike would meet us in the park after work and we would grab a bite to eat, dining al fresco. We would return home well after dark and way past bedtime. Then repeat it all the next day.

Being there reminded me of the life that exists in a city - the action and the energy that is missing in the suburbs. I love it. There were memories at every corner. It was one of the best times of my life. New babies, new friends and the perfect setting to enjoy it all. I wouldn't trade it for anything. At the same time, I had an overwhelming sense that I could never do it again. That we have moved on and are headed for something different.

No comments: