Monday, August 27, 2012

1st Graders

It seems far too early for them to be going to First Grade.

And it isn't just because they start days before Labor Day. It isn't because Summer with my kids is the best. No crazy schedules. Full days of just us.

It is because I can't fathom the idea of First Grade at all. Not tomorrow, not next week, probably not even next year. They will be gone all day. Spending more time each day with their teachers and friends than their mommy and brothers. I can't stomach that. But I have to and I will...because that is what mothers do.

Their backpacks are full of the teacher requested supplies. Ella's weighs more than she does, not that it takes much :) Their clothes are pressed, new shoes waiting by the door. They are ready and they want to go. I will let them, but only because I have to.

No comments: