Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Look Around

For a variety of insignificant, unimportant reasons, this morning was not our best. 

I need to take a minute to regroup. To settle down, take deep breaths and refocus. To start over. Sometimes all I need to do is look around, to really look, and I can find things that make me happy. A little perspective helps to see past piles of laundry and dirty dishes. Past the eyes still red from crying and the tell tale red mark of a sibling scratch. 

Want to know what I see? 

A boy with a fresh haircut. One that took off the darker hair and left him slightly blonder, and somehow 3 years older. 

Curls, curls, curls still a little wet, nearly stretching down to the waistband of her skirt. 

A boy and a dry paintbrush, pretending to paint a book, his face, and then happily using it to dust the tv cabinet. 

Sun outside drying the puddles. Flip flops on my feet. And I can't see it yet, but a very big Iced Green Tea is in my near future. 

Here is to a fantastic day! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who pinched my baby!!!!Why I outta! Auntie M will kiss it, all of it!