Thursday, July 26, 2007

No more Monkeys!

Ella and Drew have been trying to climb just about everything for the last few weeks. They finally managed to get onto the couch and our lives seem changed! First off, I can no longer hide things up there. The couches used to be my home office with bills, the computer, the phones, etc. Secondly, I am nervous leaving them alone on the couch while I attend to other things (relocating my office). They have been doing very well getting on and off carefully, but tonight it was like watching dominoes. I think the combo of being tired and hungry was too much to take. While I was trying to make dinner they fell off the couch over and over. Drew fell sideways, then he rolled off, then he blatantly just stepped off. Ella had a minor fall, but then after getting back on she did a flip type move right off. I think I had a few little heart attacks. On the other hand, they were fine, laughing even! They refused to allow me to keep cushions on the floor. I thought about a way to blockade the couches, but how long can I do that? Im chalking this up to life lessons...and crossing my fingers that no one breaks anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness you're back! I was having withdrawal! Sounds like a great vacation :)

Anonymous said...

thank goodness you're back! I was having withdrawal! Sounds like a great vacation :)