Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Birthday Buddy Boy

Happy Birthday Drew!
At the end of the day, when all is quiet and Im thinking about the craziness that happened during the last 12 hours...I often wish I had spent a few more minutes just talking to you. Let's face it, around here the squeaky wheel gets the oil - and you my buddy, barely make a squeak.
But just beyond the quiet, well behaved, very handsome exterior is a smart, funny and all around awesome kid. You get stuff that 5 year old boys don't think about - remembering to get 3 of everything to share with Ella and Tyler, prefacing a request with "when you have a minute, mom," and wanting to do things a certain way because it is the right thing to do.
I would be surprised to meet a more gentle and caring brother anywhere in the world. Even when they torture you, you still stick up for them and worry about their punishments.

You tried lots of new things this year and I watched your confidence soar through the roof. You are discovering your talents and I love to watch you just burst with pride.

You are the kind of person that people want to get to know better, the kind of person that once you get to know them - you feel privileged. It is a gift to be part of your world. Thank you, buddy.

Happy Birthday my boy - I am so proud of you!

No comments: