Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I don't wanna grow up!

First it was the cribs. Then the diapers. Now it is the pacifiers, or as we affectionately call them, Nips. The dentist gave us the final push we needed to let go of our beloved nips. They both came home from the hospital with one in their mouth. At 10 months I banned them to the cribs and car seats, and that is where they have been ever since. But, it was time. Or maybe it wasn't...
We were discussing what to do with the nips on Sunday when Ella stood up and said "Im throwing my nippies in the garbage, mom." And she got up, marched downstairs and threw three of them in the trash. Drew followed right behind her. I was shocked, but tried not to make a huge deal out of it. I went upstairs to check on Tyler and as I came down there were Ella and Drew climbing upstairs with their nips. I think there was spaghetti sauce on them - gross!! So, we sat down for another talk. Ella again threw them in the garbage, Drew cried. He eventually plopped them in, we all tied up the bag together and brought it outside to the barrel. I would have wagered my right arm that Drew would be crying all through nap and at night. But, surprisingly the little tough guy went right to bed and has slept like a trooper ever since. On the other hand, my little drama queen as been crying, gagging, screaming, choking, and begging for the last 3 days. It is torture for all of us. I want to give them back so badly. I feel horrible for her. It is such a terrible feeling to watch your baby be so upset, especially when you know how to comfort her, but can't. Torture!!
A different kind of torture all together are car trips. Good lord! The singing! The questions! The non-stop chatter! Mike declared after our first 10 minute car ride, "Id rather pay for braces!"

No comments: