Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Great Saturday


I have written of our love of the zoo before. But, I just had to document our day this past weekend. It was great. A perfect fall day, clear blue sky and just enough crispness in the air...yes, Dad, the air was spectacular!

We brought our nephew along with us. After having our other nephew for a few days, we have a taste of having a little one-on-one time. I would love to do this with all our nieces and nephews, but it is not an easy task, as there are 9 of them under 5. Im glad it worked out though, it was so fun watching the little guy running with his cousins, holding hands with his uncle, and getting to see his face light up all day. We got to know him in a whole new way. It was awesome.

My Aunt Pati and Uncle Daryl took my two brothers to Disney when they were about 4 and 2. (I know what you are thinking, but don't worry, years of therapy and an apple picking trip have lessened the blow of being left behind. That and I was only a year old and have no memories of the event.) I used to wonder why they took them. Newly married, why did they want to bring two toddlers on vacation?! But I get it now and it only adds to their awesomeness and status as the ideal aunt and uncle.

Bronx zoo is no Disney World, but I think we came pretty close on Saturday.

No comments: