Monday, October 11, 2010

Magic

Every morning Im awoken to the sound of "Daddy! Daddy!" then I pounce from my bed, hoping to prevent the waking of others, and rush into Tyler's room.

"Good Morning special boy!" I whisper gently.

"Where's Daddy?" he answers bluntly. And that is repeated two more times as little bed heads patter down the stairs.

"Where's Daddy?"

Except on Saturdays and Sundays. When he answers the calls himself. I can only imagine the joy on their faces when they see him with their sleepy eyes. I come down a little later, with a bundle in my arms, to see a Daddy covered up with 3 little bodies all snuggled on the couch.


It seems as soon as those family days begin, they are over. And it is back to wishing he was here. We talk about him all day. Especially on our adventures as the kids imagine what Daddy would say when he saw this or what Daddy would do when we did that.


So you can only imagine the magic of sharing one of our favorite places with our Daddy. When the kids are the tour guides and Daddy plays along perfectly. Where they all hold his hand, all sit next to him, and he buckles all the buckles.
It's magic.

No comments: