Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Stage...part 2

I looked at my 3 kids and I fought back the tears.

Tyler was in a big bed for the first time. He was so proud with the covers up to his chin. And I stared in shock wondering how and when he grew up so fast.

Then I looked at my little girl in her own bed in her own room - all alone.


And my big boy without his best friend.


Having twins is an amazing and challenging experience. I want them to be close and I want them to be independent. I want them to have the perfect balance of the two. And I have no idea how to do that. There is sharing, comparing and the uniqueness that is almost baffling.


But like so many other milestones that the parents blow out of proportion, the kids sailed through without a hiccup. They are the teachers. Ella has already made a "Do Not Go in My Room" sign. Drew is asking Tyler if he wants to play in the "boy room." And they are happy.

Im telling myself that it isn't such a big deal and holding back the tears...until the next no big deal.


No comments: