Friday, October 15, 2010

My Turn?

We went to a pony riding birthday party this past weekend. After bribing my city slickers, they enjoyed the ride and even went back a few times for more. My silly kids think an animal 4 times their size is a little scary!
I stood there watching them walk around and around - my senses on overload. I love the smell of horses and hay. My feet were in a dusty paddock, my hands tickled by little Hanks soft muzzle. If the kids weren't so cute I would have shoved them off and jumped on Hank myself (although my post-pregnancy body may very well have smooshed him, oh who am I kidding my pre-pregnancy body would squash him!). Just being near him brought back so many amazing pony filled memories. But more than the memories, I wanted to ride NOW. It has been way too long and probably even longer until I ride again.

But, I will. Everything I can think of to write here sounds so corny - so we will just leave it at I will ride again...someday.

In the meantime, at a few dollars a pop, Ill watch the kids take little rides and Ill settle for the smell and a quick pat here and there.

2 comments:

kdk said...

So cute! And Ella looks so tall!!

The Wagner Family said...

Lauren once its in your blood it always is. Ava started riding lessons and I feel like I am six again watching her. Such great memories we have together riding. Yes will be our turn again.