Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mama's Girl

 We are doing a Fall clean out over here, and it has turned into something of a walk down memory lane. You never know what you will uncover in the next box! This morning I found my old barbies, doll clothes, and horse back riding trophies. I immediately thought of my daughter. She loves to hear about what I did when I was a little girl.

Having a girl is awesome. I love to pick out her clothes and do her hair. And Im excited by the potential of  having a little girl. The possibilities of shopping trips and getting our nails done. Of late night talks about boys and sharing make-up. Of being with her on her wedding day and when she has her babies. Just like my mom was with me.

I can't wait for her to get home from school today so I can share my treasures with her. I doubt she will play with a barbie, and she has no dolls to dress in the clothes I played with, but it will be fun anyway.  You see she isn't the same girl I was - She would rather play Batman in the bushes and snuggle up to her animals than braid a doll's hair. But I see me in her competitiveness, her inner drive to accomplish something just out of her reach, and the way she cares for other people.

That is the wonder of having my girl. Watching her become her own person, finding the similarities that connect us, and building what I hope will be an awesome relationship for years to come.

ps. I would be remiss to leave out my boys---Of course I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my boys :) xoxo

No comments: