Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Girl.....


I had the pleasure of spending that morning just me and my little girl. Much like the air that day, it was spectacular. Actually better than that. Our special time together started out at Daddy's favorite bagel place. Ella's New Jersey roots come out when some fried taylor ham is served. But mainly she was excited to pick out her own juice from the refrigerator. She drank a bit while we ate and saved some for later. "Dad -- I think I need a sip of juice now, can I? " She said periodically throughout the morning. I replied with my usual "Of course you can". One of the things I love is when I ask her a question and she replies to me…."Dad, of course you can!"

Then we went to one of our favorite parks. Ella loves to be the leader and she likes to talk (hhmm….does this sound like someone else we know?? hahaha). So she led me around the park, around the big pond, she told me about the ducks and the moss on the trees. She told me stories of her playing in this particular park. She jumped off the benches, swung on the swings, and we played lots of hide n go seek….one of her favorites. She seemed so happy which is basically all I need.

As always when we separate….we both looked forward to meeting back up with Mommy and the boys. We got home first. Ella quickly ran to the kitchen to hide her apple juice in the back of the refrigerator so that Drew and Ty would not drink it on her. Then we sat on the porch and waited……

-Dad

2 comments:

Monkey Business said...

Love it.

(as usual, Ill add a picture!)

Melissa Dargan Heintjes said...

I love that you are as great a Dad as you were & are a BIG Brother. Ella just adores you and I know exactly why! Keep up the good work, I don't know how you do it? But you do it really well! Love You Mikey!!