Friday, June 26, 2009

Some Friday Bits

* Ella loves her older neighbors, who happen to be all boys. She swoons over our 9 yr-old neighbor Matt, in particular. I wish I had her face on video camera last night when I suggested she invite him in the house to watch a movie with us. (We were watching him, so he had no choice!) She looked at him more than the movie and I half expected her to pinch herself to be sure it was real!

* While the big kids watched a movie, Tyler had the bathtub to himself. He loved it, but not as much as me. Sometimes the little guy gets lost in the shuffle with the big kids. But last night he had all my attention and loved it. I loved taking extra time to snuggle him in his towel. One of my favorite things in the whole world - a fresh clean baby in a snuggly soft towel.

* Mike is home today, so it feels like the weekend. We spent the 1st half of the day at the Bronx zoo. An absolutely amazing place and so much fun to share it with each other. Now for the rest of the weekend...beach?....pool?...amusement park? I love summer!

* I love that Drew says "Trench Tries" instead of french fries. I don't love that he acts like an old woman in the car..."Im hot. Put the air on" to be followed 45 seconds later with "Immm coooldddd" in his whiniest voice. The cycle repeats for the entire ride. And don't even try to fool him, he knows what the controls look like when the air is on/off.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: