Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Try, Ma Momma

I researched a new pot roast recipe on epicurious, bought the ingredients and got it going yesterday at 9 AM. Don't you just love pot roast on a crisp day? Mike especially loves it and the kids eat it, always a bonus. I thought it might be fun to try a new recipe. So wrong. Not only did the house smell horrible all day, but it tasted...well...icky. 
Ella: "I don't like it mom." 
Me: "I know Ella, it doesn't taste too good. I tried, but it didn't work out." 
Ella:" It's ok. Good try, Ma Momma." (her new name for me.)

Later she was on her play phone talking to my mom....

Where's Caca? Oh, he is in traffic. He'll be home soon Nonnie. What are you having for dinner? Chicken? Oh, that's good. Ma Momma tried but I didn't like it.  I said, "Good try, Momma!"

No comments: