Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Down


I am with all 3 kids all the time. Seriously. All. The. Time. Of course, there are a handful of exceptions. This weekend there were a few instances. Mike took Drew to breakfast with his mom and aunt (the one who travels with THE uncle who terrorizes Ella). I took Ella and Tyler to a different place for breakfast. It was remarkably calm, quiet, and uneventful. Then when we got home Tyler went for a nap and Ella and I had the house to ourselves for about an hour. We cleaned together. We listened to music. We sat at the table and colored. We talked. 
As I sat there with my cup of tea (pause. did you read that? miraculous.) I enjoyed the peacefulness. But, a moment later, I was bored. I missed Drew. I missed Tyler. I missed the noise and the busyness. I missed watching Ella and Drew and Tyler together. 
It was a good moment to have. A good reminder that although our days seem so chaotic, I love the chaos - better known as Ella, Drew, and Tyler. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments: